...Paulina...

This is my own web page from Cartagena, Colombia that Mr.Hide made me make in the seventh grade english class. I really liked it and it was very fun to learn something new. You will find many interesting things in this blog. Bye!!!

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Trip To Punta Iguana

The idea of going to Punta Iguana, a club in the island of Baru, started when a friend was inviting me to go there with her. At school we had been talking about the idea but wedidn'tt com to an agreement. One night, I asked my mom if she would let me go to Punta Iguana and she said "I will let you go but then what is the rest of the family going to do? Whydon'tt you tell her to invite the whole family?" The next day at school I told my friend if she could invite the whole family and she said "ok, I will talk with my mom." I was hoping that I could go either with my family or with my friend but I wanted to go.
One night my mom was talking with my friend's mom and their conclusion was that the whole family could go oneweekendd and then my friend could invite me, only, on the other weekend. So we got prepared to go to Punta Iguana.
I love Punta Iguana because you can do many sorts of things such as snorkel, fish, ride kayak or water bikes, sail, and play in the beach or pools. What I like to do the most when I go there is to fish because there is a long pier surrounded by rocks where many sorts of fish live and there is also a small fort but it's not such a good place as the pier. The pier is very comfortable because at the end there is a kind of bench with a wood rough where you could put all your fishing tools or even rest.
We went to Punta Iguana by car but it was very fun because it had rained and there had formed huge and deep mud holes where the water reached about 1/3 of the car. I felt like in an African adventure through a Safari. Sometimes the car tilted downwards because the drivercouldn'tt see what was below the water.
When we got to Punta Iguana I was very excited and Icouldn'tt wait to dive into the pool and slide through the water slides. I looked for the cabin's key in the reception and I went running with my sister to find the cabin. We put all our things in the right place and went to the pool, we had lunch, went to the beach and fish. One day I got scared while I was fishing because one of the employees got a dangerous eel but he threw it back to the water and then I went to fish again and caught a couple of fish.
During my stay in Punta Iguana I made some friends from Barranquilla, SantaMarthaa and Cartagena and I even met coincidentally with some familiars that were cousins of my grandmother.
I think that Punta Iguana is a great place to go during short vacations and is also a good place where you can relax. The cabins are very comfortable, with air conditioner and t.v. The food is also very good, of first quality. The services are the best and they arealwaysy available for your use. I would really like to go again to Punta Iguana, I always enjoy it a lot even though I don't stay for a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Paulina,

I'm also interested to go to Punta Iguana, but I can't find any link or homepage of this club. How did you book this accommodation?

Regards,
Jens

4:59 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Hello Paulina,

Like Jens, I've searched for this Punta Iguana but have not been able to find it...any information you can provide would be great.

Thanks,

Alex

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home