...Paulina...

This is my own web page from Cartagena, Colombia that Mr.Hide made me make in the seventh grade english class. I really liked it and it was very fun to learn something new. You will find many interesting things in this blog. Bye!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Joey Pigza.


I have been reading a book in Spanish class called Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key, it talks about the hyperactivity of kids. This story makes me think that how could a child be so hyperactivity when he is trying to control himself. Sometimes you do things that you don't really think of and it may cause you problems. This doesn't only happen in hyperactivity but with normal persons like when you hurt someone's feelings and you didn't knew that this person felt bad and that what you said was wrong. This is a lesson for everyone: to think before acting because if you don't think well what you do, it would sometimes result in great damage.
I think that Joey wants to grab the attention doing this strange things such as swallowing a key but he just brings more problems. Joey needs someone that would make him feel important and that would give him love so he recognize what he really is. If I was her mom or teacher I would have maid sure that he has at least one friend to hang with, a sport or an art where he can express his feelings. I wouldn't keep Joey from not doing things that his classmates or other people can do because then he will feel terrible and he would like to grab the attention again. I wouldn't fix hyperactivity with drugs because then that person will be sad all day long and it is like there wasn't any more solutions to the problem and there really is.
I really don't know the exact explanation of how Joey acts the way he does, I just think that this problem or sickness passed from generation to generation because his grandmother and dad had also hyperactivity. Maybe when Joey was baby he played too much or had another similar problem that could affect him with hyperactivity for a long period of time. The only thing that I am sure of is that kids with hyperactivity want to grab everyone's attention.
Joey makes me think of a special boy in school that I know, he is not the way he wants to be and he is always grabbing the whole school's attention. This kid that I know says weird words from a sudden and he laughs all day long. One time a person told me that this kid hopped on the library's tables and danced. Kids like him and Joey need great parents that would teach him manners and how to behave properly. This kid wants to be popular and cool but nobody likes him, he is known in the whole school for the stupid things he does. He talks to strangers and says whatever he has in mind.
I would like to study more things about hyperactivity because I would have like to handle this strange boy and help others that have the same problem. Maybe later on I would become a psychologist or something, I have the talent to go well with kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home