...Paulina...

This is my own web page from Cartagena, Colombia that Mr.Hide made me make in the seventh grade english class. I really liked it and it was very fun to learn something new. You will find many interesting things in this blog. Bye!!!

Friday, October 13, 2006

A Terrible Holiday


Once I lived a terrible holiday, it was December in a farm in Panama. I was with all my family including 1 cousins, uncles, parents, and grandfathers. We had a great week in the farm and all what we did was ride in motorcycle. The farm was very 2 pleasant, relaxing, and urban. We had a stream that flowed near by and sometimes we went there to have a very cold bath. Other times we did picnics and we also went to find adventure walking or swimming along the stream. Every day in the early morning we went to the barn to feed the pigs and to milk the cows. My uncle worked at the farm in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening. He also 4 jogs, he travels, and he cooks.
5 No, this is not the terrible thing, it all started when my dad decided to skate. He said that he was a skater in the university and he knew how to handle the skateboard really good. My cousin that was a skater, tried it first. 6 Picking up speed, he balanced himself moving from one side to the other. My cousin was a professional. Then, it was my dad's turn, he wasn't nervous at all but I was. My dad hopped on top of the skate and headed to the end of the steep street. I saw that something wasn't right, few seconds later my dad was in the ground all scratched and hurt. His problem was that the skate couldn't support his weight, and he didn't balanced side to side as my cousin did.
We picked him up very carefully and we went very fast to the farm to heal him. This was very bad because it was Christmas eve and the next day we were going on a trip to a nearby island. For me it was very sad seeing my dad in those terrible conditions while I was having fun.
7 Whenever we were going to the beach, I stayed with him to make some company.
Me and some other family members took care of my dad for the rest of the vacations and believe me that is not so cool. 8 Back in Cartagena, my dad was healthy again.

  1. Series of objects.
  2. Series of modifiers.
  3. Series of phrases.
  4. Series of independent clauses.
  5. Introductory yes, no or interjection.
  6. Introductory participial phrase.
  7. Introductory adverb clause.
  8. Introductory prepositional phrase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home